This recipe is adapted from street food of my native place and been perfected and fine tuned. Try this spicy flavored chana recipe with chapati topping. You’ll get the yummiest, mouthwatering and completely finger licking recipe.
Serves : 4-5 people
2 cups Kabuli Chana
½ cup Tamarind Pulp
½ tsp coarsely grinds Cloves
¼ tsp coarsely grinds Cinnamon
¼ tsp Black pepper
½ tsp Dry red chili powder
½ tsp Garam masala
¼ tsp Orange food color
¼ cup Bread crumbs
2 tsp Lemon juice
2 pinches Baking soda
Salt to taste
Few chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp Ginger strings
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Sugar
A pinch Black pepper
Salt acc to taste
1) Soak 2 cups chana in 6 cups of water overnight.
2) Add salt and baking soda and boil them with some water (approx 2 cups) in pressure cooker.
3) Bring it to 5-6 whistles on the medium flame.
4) Turn off the heat and let the pressure cooker open itself. Chana should turn soft and well cooked.
5) Now add tamarind pulp and bread crumbs. Chana gravy will thicken.
6) Add all spices, stir and mix well.
7) Pour 1 1/2 cup more of water and add orange color.
8) Now pressure cook for 5 more minutes.
For Spiced ginger
Add lemon juice, sugar, black pepper and salt to ginger strings. Mix it thoroughly and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes. Ginger color will change to pink.
9) While serving add lemon juice, spiced ginger and garnish with chopped coriander.
10) Serve hot with kulchas.